UKSWFF.co.uk

Salt Water Fly Fishing in the United Kingdom
It is currently Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:27 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Big Hi from newcomer.
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:15 pm 

Hi all,
My names mark been a coarse fisherman since a boy but i am
new to fly fishing,started on holiday last year and relly would like to get stuck into a saltwater bass,no joy yet,in quite a few trips.Self taught and pretty damn novice but keen as hell and love just being out there.All wading and still discovering the norfolk coastline....... now wheres them fish :?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Big Hi from newcomer.
PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:25 pm 

Funny old thing forums...one is pretty much expected as a newbie to say hello and introduce themselves after all it's only polite,fifteen views and not a single reply.So I thought I would say "hello everyone "one more time.
I moved to Norfolk 4 years ago and really love the county,not just Norfolk but East Anglia as a whole.I am a self employed mole-trapper and get plenty of work in the area i live which is Diss/Harleston but i do bunk off work for the occasional fishing day trip.
Thinking of embarking on the 'kayak' side of fishing.it has always interested me and I feel its time to give it a go,hard to know where to start really but there is a fair bit of a following in the Anglian region from what i can gather.
Anyway there is a bit more info about myself tight lines peeps.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:50 pm 

Hi Carpy

Another newbie here

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:02 pm 

The thing about forums is that some are busier than others - and this is a fairly quiet one. TBH if you look around there is a hard core of posters and I guess there are a lot of lurkers. Kayak fishing will obviously give you more options. I'm not sure how good the Norfolk coast is for fly fishing, it certainly doesn't strike as being a hotspot. Good luck with your efforts though.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:24 pm 

Its either quiet coz there's no fishing or quiet coz the fish are finally here and we're all out catching them! :lol:

Actually don't be dissuaded - swffing is growing and the guys who post on here regularly and have stayed here are really experienced and can pass on a huge amount of knowledge; you will learn tons! Ironically, it's the 'hello from new members' threads that probably get looked at less than any other, so just dive on in with your queries and views and we'll do our best to assist! :D