Salt Water Fly Fishing in the United Kingdom
It is currently Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:11 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: corsican dave
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:43 am 

hi! my name's Dave & i'm an addict... :lol:

right, having got that out of the way, a little about me. I live up in the Scottish highlands, near Grantown on Spey and have been fishing most of my life; having cut my teeth on the scenic backwaters of Milton Keynes :shock: I was given a fly rod by one of my Dad's mates when i was about ten. i promptly put a fixed spool reel on, wondered how on earth you were meant to cast the thing with the line going through the little ring in front of the handle and wrote it off as junk for a few years....

things have moved on. a bit... I got into swff about 15 years ago after picking up Lefty Kreh's book almost by accident. I fish for anything that swims, mostly by fly, use kayak and canoe if required and have just bought a pack-raft to explore some of the even remoter parts of Scotland and Spain; just to give you some idea.

the ukswff forum was the first internet forum I ever joined and is still one of only two that I bother with (the other one being the wild fishing forum) having received amazing advice and cameraderie from the folks on here over the years; even tho' I've never met any of them!. if I can remember how to post photos i'll do my best to re-inject some pace into it

I like good coffee, good beer and always have an inordinately large cigar in my pack ready for that "Hemingway" moment..... (even tho' I don't smoke) 8)

ps I just realised that I actually fish with Colin (Shad), so I have met at least one forumite!! :lol:

all the best

Profile E-mail