UKSWFF.co.uk

Salt Water Fly Fishing in the United Kingdom
It is currently Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:33 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Mullet mysteries?
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:48 am 

HI guys, I know the shear name of the fish itself conjures up mysteries let alone fishing for them.
I have put some time into salt water flying over the past 6 weeks or so. Primarily bass and had some fun sessions including losing my biggest bass to date in france :eek:
Anyway finishing a bass session on the huge tides we had recently whilst walking back to the van I watched a large shoal of mullet push as the tide filled. I cast a few flies but should of put the floater on etc. I went back two days later for the similar state of tide. The mullet arrived in numbers and my friend and myself were surrounded by large numbers. We both quickly caught a fish a piece (golden grey) and my first mullet on a fly :)

However the light wasn't good and bite detection was very difficult (frustrating), MY questions then are is this normal? to not seemingly get anymore interest or takes or some what puzzling. I am thinking it is probably normal and that would probably be somewhat helpful to hear. Equally I have found the session despite catching one raises more questions than answers. I'm looking to target their bigger cousins in the coming weeks, which I feel I have slightly more understanding of, thanks jon

Profile E-mail