UKSWFF.co.uk

Salt Water Fly Fishing in the United Kingdom
It is currently Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:14 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: The season is upon us soon guys time to wake up again.
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:12 pm 

Well the weather is warming slightly and nights are shorter. Swffing shall resume shortly in the meantime I have been chasing carp on the fly again great fun. Been away for a few years just seen it was 10 years ago I registered here. How time flies....
On the upside I have been replacing old tired kit this winter scierra hmx 6wt mullet rod beluah guide 7wt mullet rod. Customers built bloke xlNe50 being built as we speak beluah guide 10wt and another 9 a day 10 wt blank set soon from bloke something really special. That's all rods replaced just need time and fish now. How's everyone that's still here been keeping well I hope?

We are born = We SWFF = We die and so goes on the circle of life.......

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: The season is upon us soon guys time to wake up again.
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:30 am 

Good to see you back here Mike. Don't expect to see much life, this forum is pretty dead most of the time. In fact, I almost fell off my chair when I saw there had been activity! People are still fishing, I know, but they're jut not coming here to talk about it. I'm OK, staring down the barrel of retirement (August) and also in the middle of a house move. New home will be in Durrington in Wiltshire. Not great for getting to the sea but right on the doorstep of my beloved Avon, with a few other rivers nearby too. :D We will be down in Devon the end of next month, have a week's holiday in a cottage just outside Paignton. A visit to Plymouth is a definite as my brother lives there and I'll be wanting to see him. Trust all is good with you.

Cheers

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:12 pm 

I suppose I must own up, to not signing in as often as I should it's been four years for me as well, saltwater here near my abode is very limited esp during the colder months, I too have been hitting the coarse fish to keep my arm in. But now summer is getting closer I can at least start look at likely spots, talking of which Poole harbour is this worth trying? It's a fair drive from Kent but looks like it's a possibility

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:53 am 

Indeed mate twigs are all looking up finally lol been a long time away looking forwards to getting a line wet again properly though. Need to work on a restock of flies as I don't have time to tie very much these days. Trying to find a decent supply of dna clousers and broadsides at present

We are born = We SWFF = We die and so goes on the circle of life.......

Profile E-mail