UKSWFF.co.uk

Salt Water Fly Fishing in the United Kingdom
It is currently Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:31 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Need Help With Photography Project
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:29 am 

Good morning,
I am a student at Arts University Bournemouth studying Commercial Photography. I am a mature student and professional photographer wishing to become a lecturer thus studying for my degree.

Currently I am starting a project on Fly Fishing. It is a documentary project exploring the Fly Fishing industry in 2013 (with reference to the current economic climate, has it been affected etc.) and hopefully dispelling some myths about popular understanding about the Fly Fishing demographic.

I am wishing to spend time with any of you that would kindly help, take some photographs (this isn't posed imagery, I am wanting to document your pastime really) and some video work.

I am based near Salisbury, Wiltshire and my Uni is in Bournemouth, Dorset but I am willing to travel to gain the input I need for this project (within reason :D ).

Ideally I would like to start asap and get off and running so if any of you would be so kind to invite me along to any of your outings I would be very grateful indeed!

I can offer prints for those involved, a copy of any film I finish and much heartfelt thanks!

Best regards,

Nick

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Need Help With Photography Project
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:34 pm 

Hi Nick
Aha! A budding Brian O'Keefe! :D

It's a subject close to my heart at present as I'm having to assist my daughter with her A-Level photography course at the moment! (sadly not on fly fishing though!). A couple of questions for you; Do you fly fish yourself? How long have you got to put the project together? What myths are you hoping to dispel? I'm no oil painting :mrgreen: but I'd be happy to help! I live in Wales, nr cardiff, and fly fish both the smaller remote wild rivers for trout and grayling, but also the shore, both in South Wales and in Hants and Dorset (where I'm from), and I write the odd article for magazines. The saltwater fly fishing generally kicks off about end may in earnest (hence asking about the duration of your project) but the wild, unstocked rivers up here present opportunities throughout the year and I'm hoping to try a couple of still waters in the next week or two as well (actually considering going to Manningford near Pewsey either this Friday or next week sometime!). I'll drop you a pm with my contact details on anyway and some idea of what you might be able to shoot, then you can give me a shout if it sounds of interest.

Regards
Joe

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:41 pm 

Hi Joe,
wonderful.
Have sent pm reply and email.

Nick

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:50 pm 

Hi
You welcome to come along to Hayling as soon as the season kicks in.There is also the added bonus that im dashingly hansome!
You could help me with a gopro camera too.Id like to try and get a Bass take on film.Got a flat underwater lens for it now so images are much clearer.
Cheers
Simon

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:06 pm 

Hi Simon,
Pm you

Nick

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:41 pm 

Excellent day yesterday with Joe and Ade, thanks guys, looking forward to better weather and the next time.

Nick

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:25 pm 

A pleasure to help Nick, glad it was worthwhile. I'll keep you posted on conditions for a fortnight's time!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:32 pm 

Thanks Joe,
can't wait!!!
Got some good shots (not so with video am afraid, schoolboy error which won't make again! Still, am a photographer and not a videographer lol).
Hope info was valuable to daughter.
Hopefully weather improves after this week as really did enjoy the day.

Nick

Profile E-mail