UKSWFF.co.uk

Salt Water Fly Fishing in the United Kingdom
It is currently Sat May 26, 2018 1:34 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: SWFFing in Kos
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:44 am 

Hi all
Looking at going on holiday to Kos in June....Has anyone had any experience of SWFFing or plugging there?? Would appreciate any info as to what action to expect and species to be caught...Been before but not fished, the water is fantastic and looks very "fishy" but looks can deceive.
Cheers
Dave

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: SWFFing in Kos
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:15 pm 

hi dave ,just seen your post whilst browsing.did mention to you when we had a fish together over xmas that i had fished in kos ,but on the small size.i think i remeber you saying you were going near psaldi area outside kos town.the rock breakwater is worth ago,sandy beach for misses and little one to enjoy whilst you try your luck at the mullet shoals.i found throwing a few bread rolls in attract the small ones which in turn brings the bigger ones in .tried inside the breakwater side loads of silveryfish about 1lb put up a fight.all these were caught on baits ,before i learnt the art of swffing and sure swffing would work.also in kos town by the castle i saw a few guys using the jiffy lemon method for bass ,trailing a imatation sandeel behind a jiffy lemon bottle,saw a few splashes behind it but no takes .all the best mick.hope to see you in the spring on the winner.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:26 pm 

Cheers for that Mick....Hope you n yours are all ok....I'll deffo see you on the Winner springtime....I'll be down beginning of Feb if you're interested in a chuck but we're probably wasting our time allthough I've just read on a forum that a lad was flounder fishing on the Solent somewhere and got smashed up by what he thought was a big Bass!!.....I'm busy researching marks on the Lancashire coast as I can get there in a couple of hours as opposed to 3 3/4 hours down there, so it'll make it so I can get out SWFFing more often....Apparently theres Bass and Mullet.....Still not been after the Grayling yet GGRRRR :x
Cheers Dave

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 12:47 pm 

I thought I'd ressurect my old post being as we may now have a more internation membership.

Soooo, with that in mind, any advise on SWFFing in Kos or for that matter any of the Greek islands or the Med in general would be appreciated. I'm going there in early June.
Cheers in anticipation.
Dave

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 3:30 pm 

Hi Dave, i was out in Kos three years ago they were catching a lot of small fish in the Kos town marina, one day i fished off the rocks in a small bay a few miles away, i caught some bright green garfish on a small spinner, i remeber it well because i went on a push bike and there are some big hills to go up on the way. :lol:
Cheers Ray.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 10:49 pm 

welshtoffo wrote:
Hi Dave, i was out in Kos three years ago they were catching a lot of small fish in the Kos town marina, one day i fished off the rocks in a small bay a few miles away, i caught some bright green garfish on a small spinner, i remeber it well because i went on a push bike and there are some big hills to go up on the way. :lol:
Cheers Ray.

They sound fun on the fly, Ray, cheers for that.
Dave

Profile E-mail