UKSWFF.co.uk

Salt Water Fly Fishing in the United Kingdom
It is currently Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:36 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Brittany
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 11:10 am 

We're heading to the very western tip of Brittany for about a week in August. I've Googled and explored various sites - http://www.gourmetfly.com, http://www.brittanyflyfishing.com, http://www.fishandfunbrittany.com. They provide some good stuff but I'd be interested in any specific locations (not TOO specific unless via PM!) that might give me somewhere to focus. We will actually be right out in Finisterre, NNW of Brest and just South of Ploudalm├ęzeau. I'll be shore fishing unless I can rent a kayak in a good location. Any suggestions?

Cheers

Post subject: Re: Brittany
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:46 am 

I'll be there in August too. The likely spots look pretty clear.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:00 am 

Andy how did you get on in france? I couldn't give you any advice as never fished there until the end of august myself. I just fished off the roack marks around the beach. did a sea swim in the day time and saw a number of good sized bass 50 meters out I estimate a good 6lb. Not bothered by me at all !!!!
Managed a couple of evenings until sunset and had some great sport the first night as the bass and mackerel rounded up the huge shoals of pilchards. Unfortunately lost a good sized bass after too many head shakes. Landed a number of other smaller fish as well as some spirited macks :D
Took the biggest for the bbq.
I have to say the fishing potential to me seemed endless.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:44 am 

Hi Jon - well, a long time ago now but, as it turned out, I didn't fish. Family responsibilities took priority, also the weather wasn't very good. I must say, though, that you are right - there seem to be plenty of places that look good. I did see one guy spinning while wading off a beach one night but didn't see him get anything.

Cheers

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:07 am 

Opps :oops: sorry andy I for some reason thought you'd posted that in august ! It would seem then that the weather in Brittany is some what unpredictable. we didn't have great weather the second week, made us do some different stuff as a family so all good 8)

Profile E-mail